My Friday started off by singing MJ’s Man In The Mirror at the top of my lungs with Tysen before we dropped off six dozen brownies for his school carnival. In my opinion that is a pretty good way to start the day, even if none of the brownies were for me. Now, onto my Five for Friday!
- This one deserves its own blog post, but you know I’m the worst at regular blogging, so I shall stick it in here. In case you do not obsessively stalk Twitter like I do, you might have missed a pretty great announcement from the Houston Marathon.
I found out over the weekend that I was selected as an ambassador for the 2015 Houston Marathon and was asked not to mention it until the official announcement. I’m a bad secret keeper, so this was pretty hard for me. I’m very excited and I promise to write up a real post worthy of such a great opportunity!
- The dreaded running hangover has returned with a vengeance today. And sadly it is all my fault. I didn’t drink very much water throughout the day, and I wasn’t really sure if I was going to go running because I had lots of brownie baking to do, so I didn’t drink any Nuun either. I did end up running, and it was around 90 degrees when I started. I knew I needed to properly re-hydrate once I got home, because running in that heat makes lovely salt flakes all over my face. But I got busy baking brownies and all the Nuun that I have at home has caffeine in it. Not really ideal at 10:00 right before I need to go to sleep. And I woke up with a HUGE headache. Some day I will learn from my mistakes. But yesterday was not that day.
- On a related note, I have finally, found a few flavors of Nuun that I can drink, that will not upset my stomach. Last summer I mentioned that I had to stop drinking Nuun because it was making me super nauseous and just left my stomach feeling horrible. And while I do still love blue Gatorade, I really wanted to find a Nuun I could drink because it’s so convenient to use and I do like the flavors. I was given a sample of Tangerine Lime, from the All Day collection and figured the worst that could happen was that I threw up. No big deal, right? Imagine how happy I was when I felt zero negative effects. Sadly the stores here don’t seem to carry it, and I keep forgetting to order a box. I’ve also found that the U Naturals don’t bother me either. Sprouts had them on sale a few weeks back, and I decided to try the Goji Berry Green Tea. The flavor is definitely not my favorite, but I’m at least able to tolerate it and it doesn’t bother my stomach. Both of these lines have lower levels of electrolytes, and I assume that’s why my stomach is not bothered by them.
- I joked on Twitter last night, while in the middle of baking brownies, that some day I wanted to mail out brownies to all my peeps on the Twitter. And you know what? I think I actually want to do this. I am constantly reminded that often times it’s the small gestures that mean the most to people. Something as simple as a dozen brownies or cookies, a card sent to a friend, or a little note in a lunch box can remind someone that you’re thinking about them. That they’re loved. And I think that’s something we all need in our lives.
- Give me ALL the coffee! I was recently asked by a coworker if I’d like the extra to go box/jug thing of coffee that was left over from a meeting. He was kidding, but I am pretty sure if he’d had a straw that I could poke into the cardboard I would have said yes. It is entirely possible that I have a coffee problem. Well, it would be a problem only if someone told me to stop drinking coffee. But so far no one has done that, thank goodness. I must be surrounded by smart people. And the weekend is here, so I can increase my coffee drinking tenfold, because I have easy access to it at home! And you know there will be some Dunkin’ Donuts Iced Coffee.
I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend, mine will be filled with projects and projects and more projects around the house. And cleaning. Ugh, less fun.